We accept the following payment methods: cash, personal check (with proper identification), VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Care Credit. Some clients may qualify for billing through VetBilling.
Since we will continue to remain curbside for the health and safety of our team and all of our clients, we have been working on ways to make the experience easier and more user friendly for all of our clients. We have recently launched a program, Text-to-Pay, that will allow us to send a secure and unique link to your phone to make the checkout process quicker and safer.
• If using a Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express credit or debit card please have your card available before the end of your appointment.
• A unique link will be texted to your cell phone after the doctor or nurse has reviewed the treatment plan for your pet.
• Input your card information, confident that your information is secure.
• A receptionist will call to schedule any follow-up appointments needed and then email or bring you a copy of the receipt.
When unexpected illness strikes a pet, unexpected expense strikes as well. Lake Road Animal Hospital understands this and recommends the following:
It takes just a few minutes to complete an application, and if approved, allows you to make monthly payments with no interest for six months. You can complete an application at our office or online.
Highlights of the CareCredit program:
• Low Monthly Payments (3% of the Total Balance)
• Interest-Free For 6 Months on purchases over $200.00
• Determine Approval in a Few Minutes
• No Annual Fee
Scratchpay provides pet parents with simple friendly payment plans. Scratchpay isn’t a credit card. Finding your payment plan will NOT affect your credit score. No hidden fees. No prepayment penalty. No deferred interest. No surprises.
VetBilling is a payment option that allows you to make bi-weekly or monthly payments on a balance over a period of 9 to 12 months. Not all clients will qualify for this option, and there are restrictions and fees associated with this payment option.
Insurance For Your Pets
Pet Health Insurance is available and is beginning to grow in popularity with clients. Be aware that there are several options available, and you will need to assess your individual situation to ensure that you choose a health insurance plan that will benefit you and your pet. For example, do you want health insurance to cover only accidents and illnesses, or are you looking for a plan that can reimburse you for preventative care?
Trupanion offers flexible deductible options, a free 30-day trial, and the ability to have eligible invoices paid directly to your veterinarian (eliminating the need for you to pay out-of-pocket and await reimbursement from your insurance company). However; they do not offer preventative care coverage.
Embrace Pet Insurance offers a preventative care coverage that even includes and training.
To learn more, please visit the following pet insurance websites:
Need Money for Vet Care? Suggestions for Raising Funds
Charitable Assistance for Veterinary Care
Tue: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Wed: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Thur: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sat: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Contact & Connect
Phone (call or text): 607-733-6503
Email: [email protected]
Directions from Corning:
- Take 17/86 east towards Binghamton
- Take Exit 53 (Horseheads) exit and stay to the right
- Go through two lights, and at the third light take a right onto South Main, this turns in to Lake Road
- The hospital is ~1.5 mile on the right
Directions from Elmira – local roads:
- Take Church St. or Water St.to the Madison Ave Bridge
- Take a left on to Madison Ave, this turns in to Lake St, and then to Lake Rd.
- Follow Lake St. to Lake Rd. past Curly’s Chicken, the hospital is ~1/2 mile on the left
Directions from Elmira – highway:
- Take 17/86 West towards Horseheads/Corning
- Take Exit 54 towards Horseheads/Rt 13
- Stay to the left to exit towards Horseheads
- At the light, take a left on to South Main which turns in to Lake Road
- The hospital is ~1.5 mile on the right